Campus Ecology Costa Rica
Update: This program has been postponed for the time being. Please check back in the near future for updated details!
Full of adventure, beauty, captivating culture and rich biodiversity, Costa Rica is a prime location to deepen your connection to Campus Ecology peers while studying global warming, sustainable travel and leadership. We search for all kinds of wildlife and learn about the successful sustainable development strategies that have made Costa Rica famous for conservation and ecotourism. We also interact with rural community members and give back through service projects. Traveling by foot, boat, canopy walkway and zip-line, we truly experience this wonderful country up close and personal. Along the way, we discuss carbon footprints, eco-friendly tourism and Costa Rica’s Certification for Sustainable Tourism program. Campus Ecology peers build leadership skills, share success stories and return to their communities with new skills and perspectives that will improve the effectiveness of campus initiatives.
- Deepen your understanding of global climate change impacts on wildlife, cultures and conservation efforts
- Immerse yourself in the animated “Pura Vida” lifestyle that makes Costa Rica known for its vibrant culture worldwide
- Conduct valuable community service projects alongside local residents
- Search for howler monkeys, poison dart frogs, resplendent quetzals, three-toed sloths, nesting sea turtles and more with expert local guides and scientists
- Meet Campus Ecology peers and develop leadership skills such as self awareness, communication, collaboration and self-direction
- Work with local organizations to measure your carbon footprint and learn about ways to maximize your positive impact as a responsible traveler
- Develop outstanding connections, and life-long skills for both school and work, while joining Campus Ecology's elite network of alumni and professionals